As Tom would say, “the most beautiful dog in the world”. Although questionable considering some of the nose ticklers she’s produced, however she has certainly added a bit more life to an already vibrant office. Come say gidday to our new head of client relations next time your in the area. If you want to know more about our new recruit, check out our meet us page. Well, We’re officially into the first week of the second half of the year, believe it or not! Time to revisit those new year’s resolutions… Remember those? If there were some financial goals in there, how are they tracking? Book a check up with us if you need help understanding where things are at, or a financial kick up the bum.
Xero Tip #135419
Your financial goals and finances are generally a fairly private affair and not something you wish to share with the world. Xero is well aware of this and to combat the risks associated with accounting in ‘the cloud’ (wherever that might be), Xero has released a two step authentication process you can now use when signing in.
If you’re looking for extra piece of mind, it’s easy to set up and all you need is a smart phone. Xero can walk you through it here.
Got staff? Run your eyes over this
Employees are an important asset to many a business, and just like we make sure we have food and water for Ruby, you need to make sure you AT LEAST do the following as an employer:
– Register as an employer with IRD
– Provide a safe and healthy workplace
– Maintain a file for each employee containing;
1. Signed employment contract
2. IR330 declaration by employee
3. KiwiSaver form(s) completed by employee
Three useful places to visit on the World Wide Web:
– IRD explains becoming an employer here.
– MBIE has a free employment agreement builder under “Tools” here.
– Worksafe has explanations and resources around the new health and safety act here.
Good on ya for reading this far!
Your Outside team, and Ruby